Monday, August 23, 2010


So last time i posted i had just found out that i had to be on bed rest until my amniotic fluids level went up. Well the next week we went back into the doctor for an ultrasound.... and GOOD NEWS, my levels went up! :) They ultrasound showed that my amniotic fluid had gone up to 7.7 cm, which it was at 6 cm, which was way to low. Okay so ya they didn't go up a lot but at least they went up some! Hearing that they had gone up made me feel a little better and made the bed rest worth it. My doctor was also really happy that they went up, but still was worried about them going back down and the baby not having enough cushion inside me. So because he was still worried about them he told me that i was still on "bed rest". He could tell that i wasn't thrilled about him not letting me do things, so he told me that if i had to do something to make sure i didn't lose my sanity that i could, but that i could only be up for a minimal time and that i had to stay out of the heat and make sure i was still drinking tons of water. Other than make sure that i didn't go insane i was NOT suppose to get up. I still wasn't exactly thrilled to only be able to do like one thing a day, but trust me one thing compared to not being doing anything, sounded really good at that point! So overall that doctor appointment ended up being a good one, since my fluid levels were up and we got to hear and see our little princess!


Since the doctor is still worried about my levels he told us that from that point on we would be coming into see him every week. Our last appointment we had with him was last week on the 18th. During this appointment our doctor did the usual things, check my blood pressure, weight, and the wonderful pee test! All looked normal, but being me i was still concerned about my amniotic fluid levels, because i wanted to make sure they had not gone down! So being the worry wart that i am the first question i ask Dr. Lunt when he walks in is how we monitor my fluid levels since that week i had not had an ultrasound. He just simply responded " Well we monitored them one time, so now i am just going to make you worry and we will just guess that they are doing alright!" Of course i just look at him like "umm are you serious?!?" While jarrett burst out laughing with the doctor. Dr. Lunt is a really good family friend! He was jarrett's family home teachers for a long time and his parents and Dr. Lunt became good friends. So of course he was just playing with me because he know that i am a total worry wart! The first question he asks me ever since we found out about my low fluid levels is "if i am still worrying!" My response is ALWAYS yes, and he just smiles and says figures! Anyways after him and jarrett stopped laughing and i realized they were just picking on me he measured my belly first to see if it was still growing. It was suppose to measure at 34 cm but only measured at 33.5 cm. For most people only measuring a half a cm behind wouldn't be a big deal, but for me that is not a good sign! So with me measuring a little small the dr. called for the nurse to bring in the portable ultrasound machine. As he looked at the baby he informed us that she looked great, and just as she said that she kicked him super hard. It was really funny! But as he looked at my fluid he decided that it looked like the levels had stayed the same, and had not gone up. This isn't a bad thing , but we would of preferred that they would have gone up. As he continued to look at the placenta he noticed that there was some grey areas! This is not a good thing, he told us that it looked like my placenta was starting to give up! This of course started to make me worry more! He scheduled me for an ultrasound, which i have tomorrow to actually carefully look at the placenta and to get a precise measurement of the amniotic fluid since he was just going off of looks instead of actual data! Before we left i had a couple of questions for him, of course! Questions including whether i was at a high risk of having to have a c-section (yes), if it was normal that my back was hurting this much (yes, because of the bed rest and not working my muscles out), if i had take a prenatal birth class (ha no, only if i wanted to), and last but not least what is she doesn't want to come out and i end up going over my due date! This question just but a HUGE smile on his face, as he told me to get the idea of going over my due date out of my mind. In fact he said that i would probably not even make it to my due date, and at some time they would have to intervene (which is pretty much saying induce me) because of the placenta and amniotic fluid levels! But he made it pretty clear that she would be here before her due date!! But our goal was to make it to at least 37 weeks, which i am currently 35 weeks along.


So after hearing that she might be here any day, this has kind of made me realise that i need to start preparing. I have her nursery done and she has everything she needs, i just need to start preparing myself for her to be here! I just don't think it had really hit me that she could be here so soon until Dr. Lunt said that! i am super excited, but a little nervous at the same time! Our family has been great though!! they have kept us thinking positive and have even started to make bets on how big and when she will be here! No matter when she comes i just hope that she is healthy and i can't wait to hold her in my arms!! But i will for sure let everyone know how our ultrasound goes, and attempt to keep this thing updated more! I have said that before, but i just tell myself it is the thought that counts! Anyways keep your fingers crossed that we will be able to make it 2 more weeks with her inside, and if not that she will be healthy! love you all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment